The Book that Started an Audience Revolution
Hollywood Worldviews was the first book to come out that taught Christians how worldviews are integrated into movies and television.
It has guided a generation of believers in how to appreciate movies and interpret them with wisdom and discernment.
It has helped Christians avoid the two extremes of rejecting movies with blanket condemnation or embracing movies in the name of “mere entertainment.”
Now, in this updated expanded edition of the classic, award-winning Hollywood screenwriter Brian Godawa gives you the tools for being an active participant in culture without being seduced into compromise.
- The basics of worldviews and how they affect us.
- How worldviews are embodied in storytelling.
- How to deal with sex, violence and profanity in movies.
- Tools for distinguishing the difference between exploitation of sins and moral exhortation.
- The basics of redemption in storytelling.
- The tricks screenwriters use to communicate their messages.
- Hundreds of examples of movies that illustrate the various worldviews.
- How Jesus, Christianity and the Bible have been handled in movies over the years.
- “Watch and Learn” recommendations and guidance questions.
Hollywood Worldviews helps you enter a dialogue with Hollywood that leads to a happier ending, one that keeps you aware of your culture and awake to your faith.